Quite steering and skills: Suggestions regarding how to develop a quality small piece of content, extraordinary viewers.
To begin with — drop statistics. Sent ten of the articles we choose to publish an average of two, sometimes subject to revision. To clarify: on many industry sites you possibly can publish any text. But we prefer not to waste time (and our viewers) to *any* details.
We are often asked rather simple helpful tips to crank out an overview to be published. Someone wants to become more known in the industry, someone to share interesting experiences and thoughts with colleagues, many want both. All of these goals are worthy, the bit of subject material was high-quality.
Today we’ll show you routines to deliver an excellent text for industry publications, what to do and why (what to do — will tell you too). new topic ops 571 final exam Essay
But at the same time explain what doc consider exceptional, and even look to us on the editorial kitchen.
Good articles – no problem. What to do
- Start with reflection. Think of any industry articles you like to read — and read to the end (why? ) and some can not stand and throw (by just how, why? ). Take the time to formulate and make down your answers. This list is your reference point, looking into it when creating your text.
- The proposed theme. Immediately think: who wants to read that? Why they would want to do that? Seriously, who cares except you? (The answer might be honest — in fact, now you are wasting your time, and save it. ) You clarify these issues — and it will become easier: imagine these people when you publish text. You might even contact them directly in the articles and other content.
- Think over the structure. The beauty of your text — in its structure and reasonableness. The ability to develop a coherent structure is not concerned with whether you are a skilled writer, but describes you as a professional. Line up your text as logical and consistent, how do you organize your work. Sketch a plan or layout of the material, consider a sequence of blocks, discover for yourself how the individual parts of the examination are related to each other: are there any contradictions, logical hopping capability, unclear transitions.
Sometimes the structure itself dictates the theme and then it’s very simple. new topic persuasive essay on bullying Essay
Sometimes you have to think about it. But the problem is in any case can be solved, and most authors it is.
At this stage, usually by itself *accumulates* the content material: the recommendations, arguments and theses. Record them directly into the desired blocks of the structure. Then, when you have the opportunity to jot down text, will be just to develop the idea and to clarify wording.
- We select the examples. It’s the facts, case studies, stories from experience (or your colleagues) — all the things that will help you convey your thoughts to the reader, making the text user friendly. Practical report without examples is like a children’s book without pictures. If examples are many — choose the most vivid and visual.
- Writing the text. *I don’t know just how to give you the chance to put in writing beautifully*, so tells us every third. Don’t need to. We are not art almanac. What’s the beauty of your text, we have found in the third paragraph. And here — just three painless rules.
First, don’t be afraid to jot down simply and clearly. In fact, as time is the most valuable.
A really really good example from recent news: new ways to explain the essence of the scandal with Panamanian archive so, to understand even a child of five:
*Children have piggy banks that they hold in the house of his friend. The mother of this friend no matter how they got the money. Some store piggy in someone else’s house, for understandable and even noble reasons: just one saves my mom a gift and didn’t want to spoil the surprise, the other protects their savings from the encroachment of big brother. But the other children are hiding their piggy banks to hide their bad behavior — someone stole the pocket money their friends, and someone stole from mom’s purse. And now mother of all these children learned that their piggy banks stored outside the home, and get started to understand who behaved well and who is not*.
— an example taken from *jellyfish*
If you can easily clearly explain to kindergartners the essence of the Panamanian leaks, it is clear to apply the theme industry colleagues — task and do simple
Second, use words accurately. If you are unsure of the meaning of the word — be it a term or something common, look to online dictionaries and reference books, they are really easy to Google.
Thirdly, be short, it’s important. If instead of three words, just just one need to take a person. Don’t give weight and make the text bigger and deeper. They spoil the impression about the author. And at the same time complicate our work: cleaned brief piece of writing from verbal weeds will still have to publish unedited text — tips regarding how to invite guests in the untidy apartment. new topic pet peeve essay Essay
Read more about aidarska problems with language.
A little about the main thing
If you intend to write down down articles often, brainstorm a couple of books about the language. They are really easy to read, beneficial to include a language and universal thinking: a useful, no matter what you going to put in crafting.
- Nora Gal. The word of the living and the dead. A superb book, written long ago, but it sets a good way now.
- Irina Lewontin. Russian with a dictionary. Reflections on how and why language changes. The author makes it thoughtfully, tastefully, and without the slightest sign covers grammar-Nazism.
- Give the written text to lie down. About this chip I know the translators, bloggers and journalists (but not reporters were lucky, their texts to lie down once). Slowly re-read the text in a day or two: during this time you will have time to detach from it and see it differently than before. A critical look at what happened. Maybe you want to change the wording, something to cut or to add. It happens so: only now you noticed the logical inconsistencies, and realized that the structure wasn’t correct, but you have already got a new an individual.
*Up and down* — killer words advantageous text, the temptation of the writer. If you understand options to improve the text — do it. Editor the more will see his shortcomings. Most likely the remake will give you the option quickly: after all, you are already deeply immersed in the topic and thought of everything. The result will be better — and your reputation as an expert will benefit.
…And what to do
We have seen the way you can do it perfect. Now go through the typical mistakes they admit many. Therefore, this section is no less important than the previous an individual.
- No complexes! To write down down the best industry doc, you do not need to be a journalist, a writer or copywriter. If you are a professional and you really have something to share, you could potentially do it. The previous section will help you.
- It is not necessary to put in writing down the content material, if you have nothing to say. Abstract lyrics, a-La fragments from a textbook — no, it is not roll. Our viewers (your colleagues) that I can’t stand, and with them we are.
Uncover the surprisingly thought
That the author have nothing to share, often says the name is too generic, is suitable except that for voluminous books. *Motivation* of *Adaptation*, *Grades* are *the Art of management staff* — all titles of real texts that we sent. The authors believed that uncover these themes they were ready to 2-4 pages.
The practitioner usually sees an incredibly specific problem and writes without abstractions, based on experience.
- No need to invent examples and achievements, which were not — you or the company. We understand that sometimes you want. But still not necessary
- It is not necessary to rariteti other people’s articles. Do copywriters and this is a bad example. Usually they know little about management, and they have no industry experience, which would be worth to tell. Therefore, we have to get on this slippery slope is to reproduce the words of others and even old-fashioned thoughts.
Any HR consultant and a Manager is in a better position than copywriters or PR people: he has got the experience practice. He knows how things really are.
Written off (rewritten) text is always visible. No magic — just the routine editorial work and experience. So a very good recruiter understands immediately when the candidate *FIB* myself a few extra achievements or retroactively *increased* wages.
- Recently, a friend of the student told a joke:
— And imagine that the Earth is someone’s project.
— That explains why the planet has so much water…
Do you like it if you were in the reader’s place?
So. Pouring water is not necessary. Work Aquarians are ready to do everything, so *competence* this is not interesting to anyone. No *as everyone knows*, *numerous studies show* and other things in the same spirit. Each argument must be justified (otherwise it is not an argument at all): provide links to case studies, to mention the names of those who know something and so on. Yourself can only leave passwords and turnout.
- Do not listen to Captain Obvious. Do not make the editorial well known. That makes it a priceless — in the literal sense of the word, and seriously annoying colleagues and editors.
- Don’t turn yourself into a PR, not try to do for the company promo. Your material is not love for it But seriously, smart and beneficial expert putting up is the best quality promo for the expert and for his company. No *text* with strained-rough PR does not receive such a response as a superb and honest expert text. Expertise can be an incredible PR, but the write-up is infused with the corporate promo (or Intrusive personal promo specialist), will not do: it gives the reader the rejection and mistrust. Besides, she’s too deliberate to really deal with PR tasks.
Taking care of company promotion, you belittle yourself as an expert. By how, texts written by experts and spin-doctors, not that hassle-free to distinguish — they simply cannot be confused!
- Do not try to please. Don’t be afraid to disable conformism. It happens that the articles are written with a female fitting at the praise, a lot of likes and universal approval. And upset, if not. And it’s a dead end. If your inner conviction is not consistent with what you wrote — it is always visible: the editor sees it, feels it reader. Most noticeable if you read several articles one particular author: pop up apparent inconsistencies, maturity and reflection here are bordering on naivety, the image of the expert, his views do not add up the viewers a complete picture, he contradicts himself.
- Do not ask us to choose for you. No a person better than the author himself does not know what he is close, he knows better than others what his experience is particularly valuable. If you do not know you, we don’t know even more. We prefer to work with experts who themselves have realized what they stand.
- Be not ashamed of mistakes (spelling, punctuation, style, etc. ). You’re not in school, and we are not teachers or grammar Nazis. We will toss your bit of producing just because it has a lot of grammatical errors, we will not laugh and will not think any the worse of you.
Choosing between a meaningless text that is written smoothly and correctly, and the text is useful, but with errors, we will definitely get to publish the second. Literacy is a really good thing. But it is primarily the content material, and everything else we will help to put in order. Proofreading and editing is part of our work (this, incidentally, sets us apart from most industry online publications).
Good articles, its…
- tells his colleagues that they were curious to know
- raises sensitive issues, which many do not dare to say out loud,
- sometimes sistematizirovat what many already know — but thanks to text colleagues will give you the chance to act consciously,
- well-structured: every reader is clear that in the mind of the author of the full order and everything on the shelves,
- responsible for every fact and argument that tells viewers the truth and only the truth
- it is written simply and clearly, not forcing colleagues to Wade through the verbal garbage.